1. What is the Canadian Book Challenge? The Canadian Book Challenge is an online reading challenge in which participants from Canada and around the world aim to read and review 13 or more Canadian books in a one year span: Canada Day to Canada Day. Reviews must be posted online and participants are asked to share links to their reviews with other participants. More on reviews below.
2. How do I join? Send John an email (jmutford (at) hotmail [dot] com) with the subject line "Sign Me Up!" and He'll add you to the list. Consider yourself a participant even if you don't get a response from me right away. Come July 1st you can get started right away. As soon as John gets your first link (see below), He'll add your name to the participant list on the sidebar of this blog.
Follow the link below to the challenge page for more details.
Hosted by/Link: The Book Mine Set. 8th Annual Canadian Book Challenge
Challenge Start and Ends Dates: July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2015
My Progress: 22/13
While I plan on counting every Canadian book I read, this year my personal theme will be Women of Science Fiction, Fantasy and all things speculative and out of this world. So I will read at least 13 books in this category!.
Speculative - 2014
1) Reap the Wild Wind - Julie Czerneda
2) Riders of the Storm - Julie Czerneda
3) Omens - Kelley Armstrong
Speculative - 2015
4) Among Others - Jo Walton
5) Monkey Beach - Eden Robinson
6) Station Eleven - Emily St. John Mandel
7) Cast in Shadow - Michelle Sagara
8) Shadow - Amanda Sun
9) Rift in the Sky - Julie Czerneda
Other - 2014
1) Matadora - Elizabeth Ruth
2) Baggage - Jill Sooley
3) Frog Music - Emma Donoghue
4) Waiting for the Man - Arjun Basu
5) Tell - Frances Itani
6) The Betrayers - David Bezmozgis
7) The Stone Mattress - Margaret Atwood
Other - 2015
8) All My Puny Sorrows - Miriam Toews
9) Power Politics - Margaret Atwood
10) Friend of My Youth - Alice Munro
11) And the Birds Rained Down - Jocelyne Saucier
12) Saltsea - David Helwig
13) The Book of Negroes - Lawrence Hill