To participate, here’s what you need to do:
- Create a list of books you’d like to read or finish this fall. This is the only real requirement for participating in the challenge.
- Feel free to set some additional reading goals (such as reading to your kids two hours per week, getting through your pile of magazines, etc.). However, this is not required; setting additional goals is completely optional. Write a blog post that includes the list of books you want to read (and any additional goals you’ve set), and get ready to post it on your blog on September 22nd.
- Visit Callapidder Days on September 22nd to sign up for the challenge. I’ll have an official launch post up that morning, complete with an area for you to submit a link to your personal Fall Into Reading post, where it will be added to the master list of participants.
- Read! Work on your goals throughout Fall 2012.
- Report your results. Write another blog post in December to let everyone know how you did. (I’ll post an official wrap-up to the challenge on December 22nd, where you’ll be able to share your results.)
- Have fun! Visit other participants to see what they’re reading. Write reviews if you’re so inclined. But most of all, enjoy your fall reading!
Hosted by/Link: Callapidder Days - Fall into Reading 2012
Challenge Start and Ends Dates: September 22, 2012 - December 21, 2012
My Progress: 22/22 COMPLETED DECEMBER 20, 2012
1) Doppler - Erlend Loe
2) Well of Ascension - Brandon Sanderson
3) Clara Cullen - Richard Wright
4) Summer - Edith Wharton
5) One Good Hustle - Billie Livingson
6) The Furies - Jo Graham
7) The Baroque of Heaven -Suzanne Wood
8) The Whirlpool - Jane Urquhart
9) The War of the Worlds - H.G. Wells
10) The Hound of Baskervilles - Arthur Conan Doyle
11) Feathered Serpent - Xu Xioabin
12) Fauna - Alissa York
13) The Road Past Altamont - Gabrielle Roy
14) The Bostonians - Henry James
15) Irish Country Village - Patrick Taylor
16) Small Change - Elizabeth Hay
17) Our Daily Bread - Lauren Davis
18) The Mystery of Mercy Close - Marian Keyes
19) The Imposter Bride - Nancy Richler
20) Everybody Has Everything - Katrina Onstad
21) Inside - Alix Ohlin
22) 419 - William Ferguson
Well, first I'm late posting this. I finished the challenge in time, but got backlogged in reviews because of Christmas. But I did finish this challenge for once! Yah me! I read some good books, an some not so good books. My favourites were, Our Daily Bread, The Mystery of Mercy Close and Doppler. All were great reads, and I highly recommend them.